So I feel like many of my posts recently have been me whining about various things the boy does that aren't so good: boo hoo, he doesn't sleep, he eats too much, he's covered in zits, bitch bitch bitch. So it only seems fair that I also give him props for the good things.
First, I should say that overall he's really a pretty good baby. He's not a big fusser, and he only really cries when he's hungry (which albeit is rather often, but as long as I feed him, he's ok) He's been smiling for about a week and while they're not officially directed at me, they're more than the sleepy or gassy smiles of his first few weeks and they're absolutely adorable.
But the true kudos needs to be awarded for his behavior the last few days. Not only has he settled down on the eating front (now it's every 2-3 hours and longer at night), he's taking a bottle like a pro, he's taking 4 daytime naps (which is up from the 1 he was taking last week) and perhaps most importantly he's been sleeping really great at night. 3 and 4 hour chunks, and last night a FIVE hour chunk, which was brilliant. I know it's far too early to say we've officially turned the corner, but it does seem like this 6-week mark (which he'll hit on Tuesday) may really mean that things are taking a turn for the better.
He and I went out shopping yesterday, our first true solo outing that wasn't to the doctor. Jack slept pretty much the whole time and I felt like a normal person for the first time in a while. It was fabulous. The milkshake I drank as we shopped didn't hurt either. Here's a couple pics - hoping to post more soon as his acne seems to maybe be starting to clear up a bit (woo-hoo!) Here's two carseat pics (he's also doing pretty good with that too!)
Overall, good job Jack!


soooo cute!!
ReplyDeleteyay Jack!
ReplyDeleteps i busted out the Happiest Baby book the other day and learned a new way to swaddle with takes Calliope a bit longer to break out of. she, too, is a bit of an escape artist. check it out, even if you don't read the book -- it does seems to help her sleep longer.
can't wait to see you guys!
Yay! 6 weeks seemed to be when Max started to get "fun"...the start of the smiling and responding to you makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? Jack is such a cutie....
ReplyDeletecatherine, you are doing great and so is he. this is quite an adventure the two of you are on together!! <3
ReplyDelete