Sunday, July 24, 2011

Home

This is really just an update promising that I'll have a real update later tonight. We got home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon and have been settling in for the last 2 days. And by settling in, I mean Jack has realized that there is food available to him 24 hours a day and has been taking advantage of that fact mercilessly. After essentially gorging himself around the clock for the last 48 hours, he's finally realized that he can take naps in between trips to the all-you-can-eat buffet and it will still be there when he wakes up. As my nipples feel like they've been scraped over broken glass and I'm so sleep-deprived that I can't remember my own name, this realization couldn't have come soon enough. 

Also, cousin Caolan has been good enough to lend me her camera until my new one arrives on Tuesday, so I should have some better pics later tonight. Until then, here's two from the trusty iPhone of just after we both got home.

Also, since a few of you have mentioned it, despite the impressive roundness of his head, Jack was not a c-section baby. I don't know how he dodged the post-delivery cone-head, but his head seemed squished width-wise rather than length-wise, like he had come out ear first... he's rounding out to mostly normal by this point, and it's amazing how he already doesn't look like he did 4 days ago!


4 comments: