A very eventful last few days. Jack met his first visitors: Cousin Caolan brought over a Welcome Home cake, Rachel bore witness to his biggest freakout and subsequent biggest period of mellowness and was rewarded by being pooped on (sorry again Rachel), Godfather Matt came by to check out his new godson, and Pops came up from RI to acquaint himself with the latest in the Farrell line.
In addition to all the meeting and greeting, Jack had his first doctor's appt yesterday and seemed to pass all the tests with flying colors. He's in the 90th percentile for height and weight (as he better be, since he had 2 extra weeks in there to grow) and everything else seemed fine. As for the logisitics of the First Outing in Brooklyn, it started to pour rain about 20 minutes before we were supposed to leave (the doc is only about 7 blocks away, so it's walkable) and then I realized on the way out the door that the stroller had a completely flat tire so we had to go with the baby carrier, which was fine except for the terrifying moment when I totally slipped on a curb and fell while carrying him home. Jack was totally fine (I landed on my knees) and didn't even blink an eye, but now I've got a skinned knee for the first time since I was a kid and am hobbling around. Awesome.
Marathon eating session last night followed by too-short post-gorging nap due to the fact that he flooded himself, his blanket, and his crib with pee. A first lesson on the perils of overeating? Doubtful.
That last picture is hilarious! I wanted to +1 this entry but I realized that would entail posting it on google plus or something, so I refrained. But consider it Liked (except for the floods of pee and poop, and the terrifying-sounding fall!)
ReplyDeleteI can picture the slip and the curb in the rain - nice save! Way to stay composed. Glad lil Jack doesn't end the story covered in gross gutter water - that's much worse than pee.
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog. Very cute little guy. Congrats! I laughed hard a the idea of someone getting pooped on. When my niece was a newborn, every time I held her she would fill her diaper. It would take only minutes and she get that relaxed, blank stare, and then it would happen. I became known as the "Poop-cushion" for a number of months. According to my grandmother, it's an honour if a baby poops on you... it means that they are comfortable with you. Hmmm. Congrats again!
ReplyDelete